Golf is a very popular activity. The Sunelia Berrua campsite Village is, because of its geographical location, the ideal jumping off point.
Here are the various golf courses:
– ANGLET: Golf d’Anglet Chiberta – Holes : 18 – Par: 70
– ARCANGUES: Golf d’Arcangues – Holes : 18 – Par: 72
– ARTIGUELOUVE: Golf de Pau-Artiguelouve – Holes : 18 – Par: 70
– BASSUSSARRY: Makila Golf Club – Holes 18 – Par: 72
– BIARRITZ: Golf de Biarritz Le Phare – Holes 18 – Par: 69
– BILLERE: Pau Golf Club 1856 – Holes 18 – Par: 69
– CIBOURE: Golf de la Nivelle – Holes 18 – Par: 70
– SAINT-JEAN-DE-LUZ: Golf de Chantaco – Holes 18 – Par: 70
– SOURAÏDE: Golf rustique Epherra – Holes: 18 – Par: 67
– ANGLET: Golf de Chiberta l’Impératrice – Holes: 9 – Par: 29
– BIDART: Golf d’Ilbarritz – Holes : 9 – Par: 32
Discovery of golf courses in the Basque Country
A paradise for golfers, the Basque Country has one of the oldest golf courses in continental Europe: the Lighthouse Golf in Biarritz, which was inaugurated in 1888. First privileges of the aristocracy and the upper middle class, the golf courses of the Basque Country are now as much a part of the local identity as rugby or pelota. Undeniably a land of golf, the French Basque Country offers this sport of British origin its most beautiful sites: on a cliff above the ocean or with the Pyrenees as a backdrop, the most renowned architects of the area have also taken advantage of the region’s naturally green setting to offer the most beautiful greens in France to players. Always exceptional, each Basque course has its own charm, prestige and specificities. The one in Saint-Jean-de-Luz, inaugurated in the 1930s, is legendary. Also unavoidable, the one from Chiberta to Anglet offers a sublime setting between pine forest and ocean. Centenary, the golf course from Nivelle to Ciboure gives access to varied panoramas of the bay of Saint-Jean-de-Luz and the first foothills of the Pyrenees. In a hilly landscape at the foot of the Rhune massif, the 18-hole golf course at Arcangues is seductive with its 80 hectares of old oak trees. Unique in its kind in all of Europe, the Ilbarritz practice houses an international training centre in an exceptional setting facing the ocean.